HR is about working with people and making the most of this most valuable resource, which is one factor that makes an HR hackathon such an interesting proposition.
Recent research from WorldatWork, in combination with Deloitte Consulting and Vivient Consulting, shows that publicly-traded firms, privately-held companies and nonprofit/government organizations all are using and relying on incentive-based pay practices to compete for top talent, as well as to motivate and reward their employees.
Is your company making use of video in its recruitment practices? If not, now might be the time to explore how this technology could work for you.
The nonprofit Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies (TCRS), in collaboration with insurance provider Aegon, has released The Changing Face of Retirement: The Young, Pragmatic, and Penniless Generation, a report evaluating the state of retirement preparedness among workers in their twenties (twenty-somethings) in 12 North American, European and Asian countries.
At this time of year, it’s important to give thanks for all of the people who make our lives better. In the spirit of the holiday, here are some powerful thoughts on gratitude:
- “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – Gladys Browyn Stern
- “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
- “The greatest humiliation in life is to work hard on something from which you expect great appreciation, and then fail to get it.” – Edgar Watson Howe
- “When someone comes along who genuinely thanks us, we will follow that person a very long way.” – Alan Loy McGinnis
- “Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “People may take a job for more money, but they often leave it for more recognition and appreciation.” – Bob Nelson
To show our appreciation for your readership, we’re offering you a 25% discount off any of our training tools at www.PracticalBusinessTraining.com. Use promo code 20PRCT at checkout and receive 25% off your entire order!
For example, with this special offer, you can save $49.75 on Polite, Professional and Promotable: Etiquette for Today’s Workplace.
It’s all too easy to let common workplace courtesy and business etiquette go by the wayside, especially during busy or hard times. However, doing so is a huge mistake. One person’s bad habits can have a ripple effect through the whole team.
Polite, Professional and Promotable: Etiquette for Today’s Workplace teaches employees business etiquette ground rules that will prevent conflicts, build stronger work relationships and present a polished and professional image. This product includes a:
- 60-minute audio conference, Business Communication Etiquette: Dealing With Technology, with a companion PowerPoint presentation.
- 60-minute audio conference, Business Communication Etiquette: Dealing With People, with companion PowerPoint presentation.
- 44-page workbook stuffed full of advice and etiquette guidelines.
Order for the low price of $199! $149.25 with promo code 20PRCT!
Many HR managers find that their day is consumed by payroll, benefit management and other administrative activities that otherwise seem to remove the “human” from human resources. However, new tools continue to emerge to allow HR to automate those tasks and, in some cases, delegate that work back to employees